US VISA INFORMATION FOR COMPETITORS
The U.S. government requires residents of many countries to obtain a temporary visa before entering the U.S. It is very important to apply for your visa at least 90 days prior to your departure. The information below provides important links and details that should make the entire process easier for you. Please contact us at any point if you need assistance.
US VISA INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL MEDIA
International members of the media should have a nonimmigrant media (I) Visa, since using the visa waiver program to work as a journalist in the U.S. will not guarantee entry. More information about the I-Visa can be found on the U.S. Embassy’s Web site for your home country. Visit the U.S. State Department’s Website to find the appropriate Embassy’s Web site.
APPLYING FOR YOUR VISA
- Review the U.S. Department of State Website for changes to the visa process that may affect you.
- Apply for your visa as early as possible and at least 90 days prior to your departure date. Make this a priority.
- Obtain a Letter of Invitation from the Universe Weekend promoters.
- Check your passport expiration date to make sure it will be valid for at least six more months.
- If you already have a US visa, check the expiration date to make sure it will not expire before your trip is completed.
REQUESTING A LETTER OF INVITATION FROM UNIVERSE WEEKEND PROMOTERS:
- Complete your Universe Weekend online or print registration form
- Include your email address
- Include your date of birth and your passport number
- Your letter of invitation will be automatically and immediately emailed to you as a JPG format. Print the letter and submit it along with your visa application to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate.
- The deadline to request a Letter of Invitation is May 15.
- Complete one request for each person requiring a Letter of Invitation
- Only requests submitted via the online registration form will be processed. Obtaining a Letter of Invitation will not guarantee that you will be approved for a visa. The letter is merely supplementary information that explains a visa applicant’s intended purpose to travel. U.S. Embassy officers look at the totality of an applicant’s personal situation in determining visa eligibility.
TIPS TO MAKE YOUR VISA INTERVIEW SUCCESFUL:
- Provide a summary of employment history, experience and competitive athletic and/or modeling experience and all awards associated to substantiate your position in the sports fitness, bodybuilding and/or modeling in your country.
- Take a copy of your registration confirmation, hotel reservation and flight itinerary.
- Provide all information about the Universe Weekend.
HOW TO FIND THE U.S. EMBASSY OR CONSULATE IN YOUR COUNTRY
Visit http://usembassy.state.gov/ to find the U.S. Embassy and Consulate(s) in your country.
We look forward to seeing you at the Universe Weekend. For additional information on registration, please call our offices at +1 626 280 0000 or e-mail [email protected].